I have nevr really been a dumpling soup kinda gal, pan fried was more my jam. But when I was sent this recipe along with the ingredients this week I was keen to give it a whirl. I wasn’t expecting it to blow my mind like it did, it was the most amazing thing I have cooked in a while. It seriously was delicious and the amount of requests I had to share the recipe were insane. So here it is, perfect for these cold winter nights!
Asian Broth with chicken and mushroom dumplings
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 200g White Sliced ‘Soup’ Mushrooms, diced
- 200g Chicken mince
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced (remove and reserve the last 10cm of the green ends for garnish first)
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Packet Dumpling wrappers (approx. 50)
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups rice wine
- 10cm ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- Reserved green spring onion ends, finely sliced lengthways and curled in a bowl of water and ice
- Heat oil and sauté mushrooms. Mix with remaining filling ingredients.
- Lay out dumpling wrappers on a clean work surface and place a heaped teaspoon of filling in the centre of each.
- Brush the edges of wrappers with water and fold in half pressing edges to seal.
- Place stock, rice wine and ginger in a pot and bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add 30 dumplings and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve in hot bowls garnished with spring onion curls.
Tip: the leftover dumplings can be frozen on trays then places in freezer bags to use later.