So I made my Chicken Lettuce cups and snapped them the other day and had so many requests for the recipe, so here it is. I usually double this so I have left overs for the next few days. It even gets better with time, all the flavours melt together. Yum Yum and guilt free!
Chicken Lettuce Cups Serves 3-4 Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 500g chicken minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or Tamari if you are gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Siracha, optional if you don’t like spice
- 2-3 cups of diced mushrooms
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cos lettuce or iceberg lettuce (for lettuce cups)
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook till translucent, push to side and add chicken and cook until browned but make sure you crumble chicken as it cooks.
- Stir in garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, Siracha and mushrooms until mushrooms cook down.
- Stir in spring onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf like a taco. I use small cos lettuce cups but you can use larger iceberg cups.